Provide direct one-on-one behavioral interventions to assist a consumer in eliminating destructive activities, minimizing impulsivity, and to promote pro-social functioning. This position provides a positive role model and assists in development of necessary daily living skills and competencies that are required to successfully live in the community.
- Provides behavioral interventions for consumers under the direct supervision of the TBS Coordinator or his/her designee. Behavioral interventions may include but are not limited to: immediate behavioral reinforcements, positive reinforcement, time-out strategies, time structuring activities and cognitive behavioral approaches.
- Provides TBS oriented interventions for consumer’s caregivers under the direct supervision of the TBS Coordinator or his/her designee. TBS intervention may include collaboration with other members of the mental health treatment team and assisting in establishment of effective family boundaries.
- Participates in monthly child/family team meetings to review progress and goals.
- Provides behavioral intervention for children/youth and demonstrates appropriate interventions for parents and caregivers.
- Works closely with case managers and clinicians to facilitate implementation of the child/family treatment plan.
- Maintains a flexible work schedule to fit the needs of the clients. Responses to crisis situations if they develop during scheduled visits.
- Charts progress notes, etc.
- B.A. or B.S. in a mental health related field and one-year experience with S.E.D. children in a hospital, group home, day treatment, classroom or other equivalent setting.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed to fulfill program needs.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and provide proof of insurance.
- Obtain Red Cross CPR, First Aid and Pro-ACT certification and maintain such certification throughout the term of employment.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
San Gabriel Children’s Center reserves the right to close the application period, without notice, when a significant number of applications/resumes have been received or the position becomes filled.
San Gabriel Children’s Center has embarked upon implementing and embedding Trauma Informed Care (TIC) principles throughout the organization. Candidates should be aware that all employees are involved in the implementation and the practice of Trauma Informed Care within the organization.