San Gabriel Children’s Center (SGCC) Inc., has opening for Residential Counselors. SGCC is a Non-Profit Mental Health Organization which provides an array of mental health services to community, residential, and wraparound clients in Eastern San Gabriel Valley and surrounding areas. Our mental health services include: Community Mental Health Outpatient, FCCS, Medication Support, Therapeutic Behavioral, and Wraparound and IFCCS Services. Our services are provided using both traditional and Evidenced Based Practices (EBP’s).
Summary: This position will provide primary daily care of residential boys between the age of 7 and 18 in a residential setting.
Full-time and on-call
(Must be available weekends and holidays)
- Working knowledge of basic health and safety issues as well as current knowledge of psychopathology and treatment needs of residents.
- Maintain delivery of multidisciplinary treatment plan for assigned residents.
- Assures standards of care are appropriately identified.
- Contacts appropriate individuals during crisis.
- Assures daily documentation consistently reflects a resident assessment, the care provided, the resident’s response to and the outcomes of care provided.
- Assures that IDN chart notes reflect an assessment of the resident’s progress in meeting goals, the outcome of the care provided and updates the status of multidisciplinary treatment plan.
- High School graduate. Prefer two years mental health experience and/or 60 units from an accredited college
- Obtain, within 30 days of employment, Pro-ACT, Red Cross CPR and First Aid Certification and maintain such certification current through the term of employment with SGCC.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and provide proof of insurance if transporting clients/families. Must have held a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 5 years.
- Must be available weekends and holidays.
SGCC offers competitive salary and benefits package, EEO. Interested qualified candidates send resume with salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org; fax (626) 331-3027; or 2200 E. Route 66, Suite 100, Glendora, CA 91740
San Gabriel Children’s Center reserves the right to close the application period, without notice, when a significant number of applications/resumes have been received or the position becomes filled.
San Gabriel Children’s Center has embarked upon implementing and embedding Trauma Informed Care (TIC) principles throughout the organization. Candidates should be aware that all employees are involved in the implementation and the practice of Trauma Informed Care within the organization.