This position is responsible for the daily oversight of the accounting department and personnel which includes, but is not limited to: production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, payroll functions, produce month end closing information, prepare and review budgets, monitor cash flow and disbursements, review contract compliance/billing, manage and review bank accounts, conduct internal audits, update/input general ledger, and monitor accounts payable, This position will provide oversight and coordination under the direction of the CFO.
- Communicate effectively and sufficiently with the CFO, accounting personnel, management and staff.
- Support the CFO’s initiatives with short- and long-term financial/accounting goals.
- Support Agency’s Strategic Plan regarding finances.
- Ensure appropriate daily oversight of accounting department functions.
- Assist the CFO in the development, implementation and oversight of budgets.
- Assist CFO in the preparation of monthly financial statement, financial packages and other informational reports/analysis. Review for accuracy. Analyze financials and various reports. Discuss significant variations with CFO.
- Prepare month end and year end closing which may include but is not limited to: book of general entry, fixed asset maintenance, income statement, balance sheet, notes payable, general ledger, ratios, board package, DMH business plan, department/program reports, cost allocations, payroll and revenue.
- Assist with the supervision of cash management activities by monitoring agency’s daily cash position and short-term fund investments as directed by CFO.
- Review and monitor cash disbursement and petty cash accounts on an on-going basis including a monthly review.
- Review agency bank accounts, statements and reconciles all agency accounts on a monthly basis. Research any discrepancies.
- Prepare and/or coordinate the preparation of all Agency’s required tax returns and other periodic fiscal reports.
- Will perform daily/semi-monthly payroll activities. Ensure payroll is processed timely, accurately and within legal compliance. This includes oversight of garnishments and levies, personnel changes, benefit deductions, mileage reimbursement, accrual tracking, stipends and payroll adjustments.
- Provide oversight of agency issues credit cards and use.
- Monitor and control accounts payable as directed by CFO.
- Prepare quarterly and annual fair value reports.
- Assist CFO with Auditor Controller Audit(s) which includes but is not limited to readiness for future audits and preparation of existing audits. Report findings to CEO/President.
- Oversee 1-2 accounting personnel.
- BA/BS in Accounting/Finance or related field required, MBA preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience working in an accounting department in a non-profit, mental health setting highly preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and provide proof of insurance.
San Gabriel Children’s Center reserves the right to close the application period, without notice, when a significant number of applications/resumes have been received or the position becomes filled.
San Gabriel Children’s Center has embarked upon implementing and embedding Trauma Informed Care (TIC) principles throughout the organization. Candidates should be aware that all employees are involved in the implementation and the practice of Trauma Informed Care within the organization.