The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant II is responsible for performing receptionist duties and routine administrative, clerical and general office support in a timely and efficient manner. This position will also provide direct administrative support to program management team at San Gabriel Children’s Center mental health and corporate offices.
- Provides on-going administrative support to program management staff which includes, but is not limited to: creating and maintaining files, records retention, preparing and/or distributing materials, filing, photocopying, facsimile, data entry, desktop publishing, schedules meetings and training sessions, and correspondence.
- Supports and assists agency leadership with special projects (i.e., COA, negotiation packages, and contract amendments).
- Responsible for daily pick-up and delivery of inter-office and out-going mail as scheduled between mental health and corporate offices. May be requested to make additional deliveries between offices as directed by management.
- Assists in the coordination of DMH Satisfaction Survey on a semi-annual basis.
- Updates various program directories, logs and binders such as, but not limited to: parent guardian list, client birthday lists, Level 14 Certification book, Barclay’s Official California Code of Regulations binder and case load assignments.
- Oversees and gathers information to complete Needs and Service Plans.
- Provides primary back-up receptionist relief duties when Receptionist is absent, at lunch and/or breaks.
- Provides primary back-up duties in the absence of the Clinical Records Clerk.
- Provides primary back-up duties in the absence of the Nurse Specialist.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or related field; comparable experience can be substituted for educational requirements and two years of experience preferably in a healthcare or nonprofit setting.
- A working knowledge of administrative duties.
- Advance computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work tasks and assignments.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential data and information.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed to fulfill program needs.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and provide proof of insurance.
- Obtain Red Cross CPR, First Aid and Pro-ACT certification and maintain such certification throughout the term of employment.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
San Gabriel Children’s Center has embarked upon implementing and embedding Trauma Informed Care (TIC) principles throughout the organization. Candidates should be aware that all employees are involved in the implementation and the practice of Trauma Informed Care within the organization