This Accounting Specialist will primarily provide accounts payable duties including check processing and related duties. This position will also service assistance with accounts receivable and serves as a back-up in preparing and delivering of the Agency’s semi-monthly payroll.
- Assist in receiving and time stamping all incoming invoices and check requests for processing.
- Assist in processing accounts payable invoices and check requests: coding, submission for approval, inputting into Accounts Payable module, obtaining appropriate receipts), cutting checks, matching to supporting documentation, submitting for signature, and distributing or mailing of checks with supporting documentations in a timely manner.
- Will assist in following up on late payments of invoices; resolving related problems/disputes; reporting solution to CFO.
- Make deposits and record transactions into Financial Edge.
- Assist in reconciling monthly recurring invoices; utilities, telephone, etc.
- Assist with various accounting/payroll reports.
- Assist in maintaining accounts payable filing system; alphabetical system, ensuring that vendor files are maintained in accurate and organized manner, and filing is kept current.
- Assist in maintaining system of all payments made without necessary supporting documentation.
- Reconcile petty cash.
- Participate in various program audits and agency annual internal audit.
- Maintains telephone and personal contact with staff, county personnel and vendors on receivable matters as directed by Controller or CFO
- Assist in preparation of 1099’s.
- Assist in receiving and tracking all timesheets, shared timesheets and other payroll changes at period end.
- Assist in filing payroll documents both paper and electronic.
- Associates Degree in accounting/finance or related field, comparable experience can be substituted for educational requirements.
- One or more years of experience working in an accounting department preferably with government contracts.
- Knowledge of accounting with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Knowledge of accounting systems, Financial Edge preferred.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and provide proof of insurance.
San Gabriel Children’s Center reserves the right to close the application period, without notice, when a significant number of applications/resumes have been received or the position becomes filled.
San Gabriel Children’s Center has embarked upon implementing and embedding Trauma Informed Care (TIC) principles throughout the organization. Candidates should be aware that all employees are involved in the implementation and the practice of Trauma Informed Care within the organization.